My knees and ankles are still very sore. I think it's more muscle pain than joint pain. I decided that I would just walk on Tuesday instead of run. When I got there, a couple other ladies from the ward were there, so I had walking buddies. We did two laps around the water park which took about 50 minutes. They were keeping a good pace and I was hard pressed to keep up, but I was still glad I went.
Wednesday, I helped a friend move stuff out of her kitchen so it can be remodeled. It was killer on my knees, but still got my heart rate up! Thursday, I couldn't go walking due to circumstances beyond my control, but the break was nice. And Friday was fitness class. I like that it changes up my routine when I go to fitness class and it's fun to workout with friends.
This morning it was raining so I decided to give myself a day off and see how my knees were doing by Tuesday, but my friend called around 11:30 which was all the encouragement I needed. We had a great walk without kids and it was nice to sneak out of the house and do something for me.
On the food front, I've been doing okay. I love myfitnesspal and being able to enter in my calories and it does all the work for me! Also, cutting back on snacking has helped me control my sugars. I've had great numbers in the morning with only a couple highs during the day. I like that when I exercise, it gives me a little more wiggle room in my calories. But even when I don't exercise, I still feel like 1710 calories is not starvation.
I haven't seen a lot of weight loss this week, so I keep reminding myself to be patient. I know that it will come in time, especially if I am consistent in good food choices and exercise. Saw this on FaceBook today and loved it!

you are invited to follow my blog
ReplyDelete