This week, I continued with the week 1 routine. Tuesday was a good run and I happened to see a friend along the way which made me smile. I missed my Thursday run because I had made plans before starting this routine. Saturday, Jim surprised me by asking if he could join me! It was fun having a buddy, even if we didn't talk too much along the way. He was a good sport and stayed with me. After Saturday's run, I have had a lot of pain in my ankles and knees. It feels mildly sore in my ankles, but my knees really hurt. Not too sure what brought it on or what to do about it. I'm hoping by Tuesday I'll be able to run again.
My other fun surprise was an email from my sister, inviting me to join FitnessPal. It's a website that tracks your calories, weight, and exercise. You can also see how your friends are doing as it updates their progress. The funny thing was that I was looking for an app that would help me count carbs in my food and was going to download the same one just last week! We are both trying to lose about 20lbs before Jules' wedding in June. It's been really fun to see each others' progress and encourage one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment